Coworth park afternoon tea experience

22:07:00

Coworth park hotel is a spectacularly beautiful country manor house in Ascot, Berkshire. 
There is so much more to this venue than suggests in the few photos I managed to take that day. 
However, this location is soon to become a lot more familiar and even more special.. as my sister is set to marry here in under two weeks time!

This time around we visited for afternoon tea to treat my mum for her birthday!
After being welcomed into the grand, picturesque entrance by warm smiles and greetings of friendly staff, we were then switfly taken through to the 'Drawing room' with an adjoining terrace overlooking the breathtaking parkland views. 
Seated in comfy traditional lounge chairs and leather sofas we were then well and truly in relaxed mode.
We were handed our menu's containing drool worthy creative culinary concoctions and asked for our choice of beverage..

You can choose either standard 'Afternoon tea' for £29.00 
or
Be a little more fabulous and opt for the 'Veuve Clicquot Brut Champagne afternoon tea' for £39.00
or 
 'Lalier Brut Rosé Champagne afternoon tea' at £42.50

I went for the 'Standard afternoon tea' with traditional english breakfast tea! 
(Please note: Their selection of teas is amazing, I just fancied what I knew best that day!) 
My mum and sister chose the champagne option.. of course!

When the impressive tier arrived possessing both the savoury and sweet treats, I have to admit I grabbed my phone in excitment and snapped some photos of the enticing colours, and overall presentation of the food.
The sandwiches were light, fluffy textured filled with sublime use of flavour within the fillings!
(They also catered to my mums veggie needs!) 
There is just enough of them, before moving onto the scones which were equally as pleasing.
Scones are such a highlight when having afternoon tea for me. They aren't something I would usually choose to indulge in, and I did just that! 
They are suitably placed next to fresh raspberry jam and clotted cream of course.. and there was also as stated on their menu a 'seasonal compote'.
Last but not least in the slightest, is the decadent and innovative 'dessert/pastry' section. 
I was in sugar heaven! The pictures speak volumes for this section. The only explaining I can do is that each one is a whole different taste experience. They will all have your taste buds 'umming an ahhing' from both delight and being intrigued as to where these powerful flavours have come from.

I can now understand and admire how it is said inspiration is drawn from their own gardens at coworth park and they include ingredients sourced from the grounds itself.
It is such a pleasurable and special experience for any keen afternoon tea lover or foodie! 
I definitely recommend visiting or taking someone on behalf of a special occasion.
Make sure to book in advance!
We ended up extended our day by visiting the bar afterwards, and enjoying the sunset sat outside in the beautiful surroundings and joyful atmosphere.
I can't wait to see what else this hotel has to offer in the up and coming weeks!

Enjoy the photos and don't forget to follow me on Instagram 

Outfit details:

Playsuit - H&M
Belt - H&M
shoes - ASOS


















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Looks like a gorgeous location, love the jumpsuit!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

recent posts

Subscribe